Saturday, February 28, 2009

Scholarships and Grants Part 2

So, the saga of my scholarship and grants search continues......

Today I found three scholarships that I more than qualify for. Sadly, they are three that I would not accept!:
* The first one was a great scholarship, $7500 for a number of different fields of study. The only drawback, in the fine print, is that with the requirements is that you have to hand in a letter of intent to apply for American citizenship.
There are many things that I will do to be able go back to school but I am sorry to say, that giving up my citizenship is not one of those things! Not for anything!
* The other two scholarships were great, both $2500 each. You could be a permanent resident and I wouldn't have to renounce my citizenship. But, they were both from gay and lesbian organizations.
Now, I don't have a problem with that, I have many friends that choose that lifestyle. The drawback to these is that they want you to join and support these organizations!
Again, there are many things that I will do to be able to go back to school, but I will not jeopardize my temple recommend, that is far too precious to me!

And so, again, I will continue my search. That scholarship is out there. I have faith in it!

1 comment:

  1. Come on! Join us Yankees! Now one wants to be known as a pompous Brit anyway! J/J Love ya!

    ReplyDelete