Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Weekend of Reminders

This past weekend I was lucky enough to be able to take a short trip to Utah. I was able to go to a mission reunion, and be able to spend some quality time with a great friend. And most importantly, I was reminded of the things that are most important to me!

I promised Ashley that I would write in my journal the blessings that I have in my life so that I would not forget them. I did that, but I really need to remember them more often, so here is a perfect place to share those things!:
  • The Temple - A great reminder of something absolutely necessary in our lives! This is where we need to go to be reminded of blessings and to receive more blessings. It's amazing how important you realize the temple is when you haven't been in a while!
  • My Family - Families struggle, that's a fact of life. I think that we forget about that sometimes. But, a lot of those struggles are necessary to remind us of things. That sometimes we have to be the one to stand alone to support those we love!
  • My Friends - For me, my friends are an extended family. They give me such unconditional support and love. They love me for who I am, my faults and imperfections included! They are a shoulder to cry on, a steadying hand, an ear that listens, and examples that I can only hope to aspire to. I am blessed immensely by them!
  • President Francis - My mission president is the best! Though he may be released, he will always be 'President' to me, and all the other missionaries that served under him. He is truly a man that was called of God. He always knows the exact thing to say!
  • My Ward - When I moved here 3 1/2 years ago, i worried about the ward i would be in. And in that 3 1/2 years, I have come to realize that it truly is a ward family! I have made some of the greatest friend while in this ward, and feel very lucky to be a part of it!
  • My Mission - Serving a mission made me see just how many blessing the Lord has in store for us all. To receive those blessings requires patience and faith. I am starting to understand that a little bit more after this weekend!
There is a quote that I like that seems to mean a great deal more to me after this weekend! It has been attributed to President Henry B. Eyring, but he only recounted it. It is:
"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His
presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear."
After this weekend, I feel a better about things. My course has been steadied, my cup has been refilled, and I am ready!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! Love to check on my sweet, dear friend and see how you are doing! xoxo That quote is wonderful! I'm going to put it on my fridge!

    ReplyDelete