Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolution's

As the New Year is approaching quite quickly, I am reminded that it is time to come up with some 'New Year's Resolutions'!

I have been thinking about this for a few days now and don't want to come up with something that sounds good and say I am going to do it, only to be let down on January 3'rd when I fail to complete that goal I have set for myself.

One of my best friend's always set's a spiritual, physical, & educational goal for herself every year. And come the end of every year, she has followed through on those goals.

And so my New Year's Resolution's for 2010 are as follows:
Spiritual - This may sound odd, but let me explain! I am going to read the entire Book of Mormon, in the temple!
That doesn't mean that I won't be reading my scriptures any other time, it just mean's that every time I am in the temple, I will be reading the Book of Mormon. And then, the next I go back, I will be picking up from where I was the last time I was there!
It's really a double resolution as it gets me to read the Book of Mormon more and gets me to the temple more! Something that we should all try and do!


Physical - My health has slowly been improving and I have wanted to do something. I know I need to start small. I'm not going to enter into the NYC marathon like a good friend of mine did this year, but I want to do something attainable! There are a number of half marathons in 2010 in Las Vegas and even in southern Utah! But, I think I am aiming for the 1/2 marathon in November of 2010 in Mesquite, Nevada!

Educational - I recently acquired a guitar and have been wanting to do more than just stare at it! And so, I have decided I am literally going to take matters into my own hands and teach myself to play the guitar! I am pretty excited about it and looking forward to the challenge!

And so, there you have it, my goals for 2010! Please check in on me periodically and see how those goals are coming along for me. And I will update you as I am going along!

And so, like the little engine that could: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.....


No comments:

Post a Comment