Sunday, August 12, 2012

Turner Falls

Have I mentioned just how many activities the mid-singles plan here in Texas??  Well, if I haven't mentioned it before, let me tell you, it's A LOT!  And it is absolutely awesome!
And today was no different!

Today's activity was up in Davis, Oklahoma at Turner Falls.  It took me about 90 minutes to drive up there.  And once I got there, we figured out who was going hiking and who was heading to swim. 
I wanted to go hiking.  Our group got a little split up but I waited for Ruthie and everyone she was with and we started out on the hike.

We started out on a 1 mile hike called the Fireproof hike.


What you don't see in this picture is the swarm of grasshoppers that was out there.  Or, as Ruthie put it, the plague of locusts that are a clear sign of the apocalypse!


This was a shot I took while we were driving back to the falls to go on another hike.  It was so beautiful!  I wish the pictures did it true justice!


I like this shot mainly for the canyon wall.  All the different streaks of colour  with the water running down below.  I loved this view!


After getting back to the falls, we headed on one of the hikes there.  After scaling up some rocks, this was the view.  Can you believe how gorgeous this is?


Mountain woman Ruthie! 


We came across a cave as we were hiking and decided to go in.  But, what you don't see is that the entrance to the cave is a little bit above where her hand is.  So, it's going to take a bit of graceful effort to get up and into the cave.


Once up in the cave, this is the view that we were treated with!  That's a million dollar view right there!  People will pay good money to open their curtains and see this view out of their windows!


We had a bit of a debate about going in the cave after we had clear confirmation that there were spiders in there!  Ruthie said that if Arragon from Harry Potter came crawling out of the cave, she was NOT going to be a very happy camper!


I gotta say, I haven't had a good laugh since.....since the canoe trip!
Getting up into the cave was one thing, but getting out was an entirely different adventure.  But, my friend can handle any challenge, as you can totally see!


I wish this shot was a little bit clearer, so you could see the falls.  But, you can get an idea at how pretty it is!!


This was at the pool near the entrance to the park!  The spring board was awesome.  I'm pretty sure that, in the Olympic spirit of things, I preformed a perfect 10.0 dive that would have won me gold in the spring board competition!
And the two slides to the left.....oh yeah, we went down those a number of times.  There was at least a good 6 foot drop from the end of the slide to the water! 
Awesome!


Just a view out into the pool! 

All in all it was a brilliant day!  I loved every minute of it.  Perfect weather.  Perfect friends.  Just perfect!








No comments:

Post a Comment