Sunday, July 29, 2012

Braving the Brazos

Being here in Texas, the mid-singles not only have activities going on during the week, but also, pretty much every weekend they have an activity or two!  And this weekend was no different!
We went canoeing/kayaking on the Brazos river!

There was about 12-14 boats.  and it was so much fun!  Yeah, it was super hot out on the river, but with enough sunblock and water and snacks, it was such an amazingly fun day!


This was the start of our trip down the Brazos.  Isn't it pretty?????


In the Olympic spirit of things, we tried to make it a race down the river. 


I am proud to say that we won!!!!!


Look at the water....how green it is on the shoreline!  Can you believe there is a huge drought going on???


My new Oklahoma friends!  They were a hoot and Ruthie totally made the day so LITERALLY laugh out loud funny!


Just after one of our laughing fits.  Seriously, laughing all day!



So, I know you have heard the phrase "Everything Is Bigger In Texas" right???  Well, that includes the bugs, especially the spiders!!!!
This 'precious creature of God' is literally the size of my hand, fingers outstretched and all!
We pulled up next to some rocks to dock, have lunch, cliff jump, etc...  When I looked to my right, about 3 inches away, I saw this guy!  He was close enough that he could have lifted up one of his legs and tapped me on the shoulder!
I pushed as far away from the rock as I could while still being close enough to stay docked.  I was tempted to splash it with water, but was afraid if I did, he would probably pull some snorkeling gear out of his pocket, jump in the water & come after me!!!
I barely escaped with my life!


On the way home, Ayumi & I stopped for gas.  And, of course, when you're in Texas, where do you 'git' your gas??????


This is the Parker County Courthouse in Weatherford, TX.  It was built in 1858.
It is a beautiful historical building.  I wish that we would have time to stop and see it!
It was a great day!  And a great time was held by all!  I can't wait for the next mid-singles adventure!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment