On Friday after work I drove up to Oklahoma for the weekend.
Ruthie, who I met on the canoe trip the week before lives there and I asked if I come up for the weekend, and she graciously said yes!
It was a much needed getaway and re-grouping! I didn't get there until about 11:30 on Friday night and I was so tired after I got there.
On Saturday, Ruthie had to work in the morning. I was able to sleep in for the first time in about a year and a half. And, it was glorious! I got up & decided to go for a run, but when I got out and started, I decided that with the heat and humidity, it wasn't going to be as long as a run as I had hoped it would be! So, I came back and got ready for the day and just watched some shows!
We had lunch at her grandparents house, went and had a nap & then headed to Tulsa for some dancin' and fun!
We stayed the night, went to church, layed by the pool, had dinner and then headed back to Norman.
On the way back we stopped at a gas station to get needed water, snacks, etc... While we were there, Hall & Oats came on the radio and Ruthie decided that she had to get out and dance!
It was a great weekend! Glad I got to spend time with friends! Happy to get to know Ruthie a little bit better! Looking forward to my next weekend there already!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment