Monday, January 18, 2010

Two weeks into the goals

So, I am a little over two weeks into my goals. And I thought it would be a good time to check in with my progress of how things have been going!

I haven't been able to get to the temple, simply because it has been closed for cleaning. But, the temple opens back up this Tuesday and I will be going a couple of times this week! So, I am sure to get a jump on that goal!

A friend of mine talked me into running a 5K with her the first week in February.
I think that I will be ready for that one! I have been doing great at getting to bed earlier and cutting out the carb's and the sweet stuff (although with girl scout cookies going on sale any day and them sending an order form to me may be hard to stay away from!) My health is holding pretty steady, but I am being careful about not pushing myself to hard, just a little bit at a time! Some days are much harder than the others, but that is okay!
So, for my physical goal, I would say that I am doing very well!

I have been trying and trying with the guitar, and I am getting some sexy calluses, but don't feel that I am improving at all! One of the young women that are is in my Sunday school class said that maybe I should try another instrument, and still keep the goal of learning it, or even learning a language or something along those lines so that I will still enjoy the goal, (she is such a wise young lady)! So, I am contemplating that, but we will see, I don't want to feel like I am just throwing in the towel just because it's hard!
We shall see!

So, that is the goal update! I think I should have some sort of reward periodically as I progress in the goals!
Not sure yet, just a random thought!

1 comment:

  1. The Girl Scouts came by our house yesterday! I've got 4 boxes on thier way. So not helping my diet!

    ReplyDelete