Tonight was my last enrichment in the Summerlin ward. We had a 'Summer Salad Soirée in Peggy Wright's backyard & Terilyn Taylor, our stake Relief Society president came and spoke to us on 'Making Lemonade Out of Life's Lemon's'. It was fabulous!!
We had a wonderful turn out of sisters! So many brought salad's, many of whom had not signed up.
Sister Taylor's talk was beyond amazing! I am so thankful for the inspiration to have asked her to be our speaker. I really think the sisters enjoyed her and got to know our new stake relief society president a bit better. I am sad that I am leaving and won't have her as my stake relief society president, she is wonderful.
Kelly did a wonderful thing before Sister Taylor spoke. She had me come up in front with her & made a little presentation and gave me a little going away gift from the sisters. It was nice to be thought of so much.
Saying goodbye throughout the evening to sisters was a bit difficult, and then came saying goodbye to Sommer. For me, she has become like a sister that I never got to grow up with. She has always been there for me, even when I screwed up. And so, saying goodbye to her was the hardest, I will miss her tremendously!
I can't wait to see what the next chapter will be like. What new callings await me? I will keep you posted!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment