Friday, June 1, 2012

Thoughts on Vegas

So, as my time in Vegas is winding down, I have been thinking about Vegas and all that is here and the people I will leave here.
These are just my random thoughts about things to do or see here in Vegas that have brought me a great deal of happiness, laughter, joy & memories:



La Creperie at The Paris Hotel
Seriously, I love this place.  The Banana's Foster crepe is my most favorite.  And you have to get an extra scoop of the chantilly creme!
I have shared this place with a few good friends.  With Jen after our 5k run in Town Square, with Chrissy after an In-N-Out run, with Kylie to introduce her to something so delicious!
Seriously, you have to go here!


The Hills Park
This might seem like an odd one but I have had such great joy and happiness with Luke, Jacob, Jordan & Britten.
Whether it is swinging, climbing, running or playing ball I have had such joy in this park!  I haven't had so much fun in longer than I can remember!
Go to this park with your kids and run and play and have fun.  You will feel like a new you!  I promise!


Lone Mountain
I have hiked Lone Mountain a number of times.  It is a very easy hike even for kids and dogs!  My favorite is hiking up early in the morning during the sunrise.  It gives you such an awesome view of the valley and you see things that you maybe hadn't seen before.


Buffalo Wild Wings

If you haven't eaten here, then you really should.  And if you have eaten here, then you should go again!
I am particular to the Garlic Parmesan, wet!  Mmmmmm!  Just talking about going here, I want some!
I had many-a-good lunch here with some wonderful friends!  Holly Best, Kylie & I am proud to say that I introduced Moana to Garlic Parmesan wings!
Go now!  Order some for me!!!!!


The Fountains at The Bellagio

Word's can not express how awesome it is to see this!
I think my favorite is the fountain show set to "Viva Las Vegas" by Elvis Presley.  Every time I see it I think of the movie Oceans 11. 
I am amazed at the skill that is put into the choreography for all the fountains and that it goes along with the music!
Go here, and go here often!


Heidi's Deli
Going here has become a bit of a tradition at work!
Whether it's payday or celebrating something at work, this is the spot that we choose!
My favorite is the Hells Kitchen: egg salad, bacon, guacamole, cajun sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion on white bread!  Seriously, don't knock it till you try it!
Go for lunch and get the Heidi's special: half sandwich, pickle spear, cookie, choice of side (I like the macaroni salad & a drink for $5.00!  You cant get all that for that little anywhere in Vegas!
Enjoy!


Ice Box Canyon in Redrock Canyon
I have gone to Redrock canyon I don't know how many times and done I don't know how many hikes, but by far, this was my favorite hike!
Heather and I hiked this this year around my birthday.  It was windy, rainy & even snowing a bit.  And despite all of that, it was such a great time that I had!  Just when we thought that was the end, we would hike 'a little bit further' and then 'a little bit further' until we reached the end and the waterfall!  It was magnificent and I am going to treasure that day that we spent together!


Las Vegas Temple
I have had so many wonderful experiences at the temple and on the temple grounds.  I have made new friends and renewed friendships here.  And most importantly, I have drawn closer to my Heavenly Father and had my testimony of the Savior cemented in me!
Whether I have been wandering on the temple grounds after the temple has closed or going to a session, I have loved my time here and will treasure it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment