I decided that I wanted to go and see some of the sights of Ft. Worth so I decided to go down the the Stockyards. I wandered around some of the stores down there. I think I fell in love a little bit with the area. There is so much history there. It is amazing!
This sign stretches across the entire road! There is no mistaking where you are!
This sign was on the side of a building that I walked past. I just thought it was a little funny!
After leaving the Stockyards, I decided to head to downtown Ft. Worth and to visit the water gardens that I had heard so much about. The pictures may be nice, but they really don't do them justice of being there first hand!!!
This was the sign that was posted just before you get to the water gardens! Makes me proud to know that I live somewhere so close to somewhere that was considered a den of iniquity!!!!
You could really tell that it was Spring! Everything was so green, the breeze was cool. It was a beautiful day!
This is the serenity pool. When you go down the stairs, it's absolutely quiet down there and as you walk around the pool. It was funny how people even spoke in hushed tones while there were down there. It is a great place to be able to just sit and take in nature!
This was the aerating pool. I thought that it was pretty unique!
After leaving the water gardens I was trying to decide what I was going to do for dinner. It was my birthday after all and I couldn't skimp since I WAS on a date with myself!
And since I was in Texas, the only acceptable choice seemed to be to go out and find a big ole' steak to chow down on! And that is exactly what I did!
Yeah baby! Now that's what I call a steak!!!!!!!
This is a sign I saw as I was leaving the restaurant! It seemed like sound advice!!!!
All in all, it was a pretty great birthday! I had a great date and saw some amazing things! Hopefully I can top it next year!!!













No comments:
Post a Comment