Saturday, August 10, 2013

Gotta' Love Pintrest

I am a Pintrest addict!  No, seriously, I am addicted!  It's truly like a drug: you get your first taste & it's amazing so you go back for more, and before you realize just what has happened, it has taken you over, and every waking moment is spent on it!  Seriously, they should start a support group to help people out!
But, it's so good, I'm not sure that anyone would really wanna' stop!!!!

So......this past week, Peggy brought me in some goods from her garden.  A huge, and I do mean HUGE, zucchini, and a beg full of okra!  No problems coming up with something for the zucchini, but all I know about okra is that it is usually fried!  But, Stuart said that he has had okra stew before, so away to Pintrest I go, and within moments, I have found a okra stew recipe that I just happen to have all of the ingredients!!!!

And so, a little of this, a little of that, a dash of this, a splash of that and.....voila:




This was the finished product.  Stuart said that it was really good.

Next came the baking.  I was originally going to bake a really yummy looking 4 layer coconut cake, but it called for too many ingredients that I would only use this one time, and I just can't justify buying things like that when we are saving for moving!
So, I went to plan B and decided to bake some peach bars that I had come across a couple of weeks ago! They looked fairly easy and pretty nummy!  I halved the recipe because it seemed like a lot!

And in no time at all ta-da:



The picture really does not do these things justice!  They are beyond good!  Seriously, they are so good that you wanna' roll around naked in them!!!!!

I hope that I can find something just as good to bake and cook for next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment