Saturday, August 3, 2013

New Sights

On Thursday, mum had cataract surgery preformed on her left eye and on Friday, she had the bandage removed. And for the first time in about 3 years, she could actually 'see' my brother and I! It was a pretty emotional day!
Today, we went and did a quick walk through of the new apartment so that Stuart could get a feel for the apartment.
As we were walking the grounds of the complex, we came across this gorgeous flower, growing up the fence of the pool area in a lush, green bush.


Mum noticed right away the spirals of purple coming from the center of the flower. We just smiled at one another after she said that. Only a week ago, that gorgeous purple flower would have been a coloured blob to her!

While resting this weekend and recuperating from being sick, I thought a lot about how much of our daily existence we take for granted!  I LOVE music.  It has always been a big part of what I do and my daily routine, but what would I do if I suddenly lost my hearing?  What would I do if I could never see beauty like this?  Stuart lost his other leg a couple of months ago, how much do we take advantage of having 2 good legs??  It saddens me to know that we go about our daily lives without even giving a second thought to the value of it!

Never again will I take the simple things of life for granted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment