Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh Jerusalem

A couple of week's ago, I went to the temple with my friend Kasey. I sat on the grass on a slight slope on the temple grounds and started reading my scriptures.

As I sat there, I looked around.
I saw a couple with there young children spending time together, I saw a group of Young Women that had come with their leaders to take pictures, and I saw friends chatting.

Then I happened to glance out in the distance and saw the Vegas valley. I saw the mountains in the distance and saw the Las Vegas strip. And for just a moment, I had the sense that I knew what Christ felt as he sat upon the hill that overlooked the city and said to himself "Oh Jerusalem".

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you're playlist just gave me a heart attack. Here I am getting ready to read your spiritual message and then that dang funky song comes jumping out of my speakers and scares me half to death. Oye!

    ReplyDelete