Saturday, November 10, 2012

Let's Get Muddy!!

For the longest time, I have wanted to do a mud run.  They had them in Las Vegas, but I always seemed to miss the boat on them when they came around. 
But, this time, the mid-singles here in DFW made it an event!  And I was definitely going to be a part of this one!!!!

At first it was just four of us, but by Saturday morning, our number's had grown and it was a bit more of a group!  Notice how clean & crisp everyone is looking??  Yeah, that's gonna' change REAL quick!



We were there at about an hour before our wave went at 11 a.m.  We were excited, nervous, happy, pumped.  And then the timer went off, and so were we.  Our first couple of obstacles came with no problems: repelling down a hill with a rope (the start of my blisters) & over some dirt hills.  And then the next obstacle, the rope swing across a mud bath.


Nailed it!  (With the ripping open of those blisters that I had gotten!)


Then came some more running and tons (and I do mean tons) of obstacles!


Trying to get through this rope menagerie and then over the dirt hill was truly a challenge, especially when you factor in the wind blowing the dirt right into my eyes, which did not feel good on my contacts!

After a few more obstacles we came into the home stretch.




Yes, that army crawl through the mud AND rocks is what tore my knee's up.  But, we soldier on through the last couple of obstacles!



Just one more to go




And then it's across the finish line!  


Those medals were hard earned and won!  Trust me!


  And as much pain as it put me in (tore up knees, ripped open blisters on one hand, cuts on my forearm's, and general aches) I would do it again in a heartbeat!  Glenda, Amy, Brent, Sarah, Alisha, Jared, Glenda & Walter made this such a great experience!    Seriously, I can't wait to get a little muddy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment