Sunday, December 9, 2012

JFK, A Tribute

There is so much history in Texas, it is amazing!

I have always been fascinated with JFK, his family, life & legacy!

Most people know that he was assassinated in Dallas, TX.  But, most people don't know that morning he was in Ft. Worth, TX.  It was in Ft. Worth that he gave the last two speeches of his life.  One at a breakfast, and the other to a crowd that had gathered outside the hotel!

The company that I work for was asked to be part of a tribute project that was being done in downtown Ft. Worth.  Sunday afternoon/evening, I was able to go downtown with a friend and wander around and see this finished project.
I think that the pictures tell the story!










I guess that this is my one chance to meet JFK!



Across the street is the historic Hotel Texas, now the the Hilton Hotel!


After his two speeches, the motorcade drove down main to Dallas, to that fateful afternoon!


And after the sun went down...








Pretty awesome, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment